AgonSport was started by Rafa Escalas and his wife Jennifer Edson-Escalas (Julia's sister).over 20 years ago, and is the first American company to introduce custom-dyed swimwear and apparel in the U.S. Agon is headquartered in Nashville, TN, and manufactures all of their products in Spain. Please read our corporate philosophy.
- Rafa is a two-time Spanish Olympic swimmer and record holder in the 400, 1500 and 1650 freestyle events.
- Jennifer Edson-Escalas is a Marketing Professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
- Rafa has his own Wikipedia page: http://bit.ly/RafaEscalas
- Rafa and Jennifer have two daughters; Elena and Marina. Elena is currently studying at UCLA and is also on their swim team and Marina is about to start her first year at Indiana University.
- Julia Edson resides in the Bay Area with her twin daughters and specializes in Summer swim teams and High Schools (swim and waterpolo). Currently Julia is a marketing professional, and has a creative aptitude which works well for developing cool, unique suits for all of her Agon teams.
- Agon refers to a Greek god who represents the spirt of self-actualization through athletic competition